Situated on the hillside and only a shell-throw from the warm Indian Ocean, Sea View Cottage offers stunning sea views and magnificent sunsets. This idyllic retreat provides comfortable self-catering accommodation for up to 10 people, with a daily maid service included.
Booked from 1 Dec 2019 - 10 Jan 2020
Morgan Bay, with its sun-kissed beach and safe bathing, is located on South Africa's scenic Wild Coast, and within an hour's drive of East London's airport.
This comfortably appointed double-storey house has an upstairs lounge/dining area, together with four bedrooms, each equipped to sleep two persons. The first two bedrooms have double beds, the third has two single beds and the back bedroom with a bunk-bed is ideal for two children.
The living area and three of the bedrooms afford panoramic views of the beach, bay, lighthouse and the cliff. Also upstairs are a shower, bath and two separate toilets. The kitchen is fully equipped with a stove, microwave, dishwasher, fridge/freezer, chest freezer, washing machine and tumble dryer.
The downstairs area also affords spectacular views and boasts a fully equipped flat comprising a double bedroom en-suite with a queen sized bed, single bed and a kitchenette with fridge.
Above the lock-up garage is a second flatlet with double bed and bathroom - ideal for teenagers who want their own space to chill out!
Guests may use the Weber braai and the children's surfboards that are kept in the garage. December visitors are welcome to let the children decorate the Christmas tree. The house provides excellent security including Trellidoors and armed response.
There is a grocery shop with bakery and hardware store within 1 kilometre of the cottage. Should you wish to eat out, the Morgan Bay Hotel is famous for its delicious and affordable meals, and magnificent sea view. The hotel also has a beach boutique and a health spa.
Attractions and Activities
- Secluded lagoon and pristine white beach for sun-bathing, swimming and surfing.
- Beautiful walks, hiking, mountain biking, golfing (9 hole links golf course at Kei Mouth, 10 minutes from Morgan Bay) horse riding, fishing and dolphin watching.
- Abundance of birds including the magnificent Fish Eagle and Malachite Kingfisher.
- Great Kei River Cruises plus pontoon across the river to the Jacaranda ship wreck.
- The Shell Museum in Kei Mouth and 4X4 trails in the Transkei.
- Out of season: Rates vary depending on the length of stay and the number of people and are between R800 and R1400 per night. Minimum stay 2 nights.
- In-season (December): R2 300 per night. Minimum stay 2 weeks.
Kindly notify us of the number of adults and children when emailing, so correct bedding is made up on arrival.
Guests are requested to bring their own bathroom and beach towels. The rest is all provided for a wonderful family holiday.
DSTV (single view) (full bouquet of channels) is available with TV sets in the lounge, upstairs bedroom and downstairs flat. A maid is provided each day for cleaning, washing and ironing. Her times are 8h00 till 15h00 for all weekdays, and on a Saturday morning if required.
We look forward to welcoming your family to Sea View Cottage
and hope you have an enjoyable and memorable stay!
Find more Wild Coast Accommodation here.